Sheffield Basics Sessions

Discuss the Sheffield locations and generally chat about the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Parkour scene, including jams.

Sheffield Basics Sessions

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:24 pm

This is the definitive version of the regular schedule.

Basics Sessions

1) We're in charge of ourselves...meaning you're responsible for yourself, you make your own decisions. These sessions are not suitable for kids.
    2) We're training as a group...which means you stick together, train together.
    3) We're learning methods, not actions...meaning if you want to help people don't give people answers, but suggest ways they can work it out for themselves.
    4) We want to improve..which means you choose the difficult path and the easy solution.
    5) We're trying to learn useful things...so you do a little helping at the start.
The basics sessions are times when we can train together with other like-minded individuals. We each use the other people around us to help us stick to the path of Parkour. There are three Basics sessions each week.

Monday Basics
Time: Mondays 6pm - 8pm
Meeting point: Entrance to Weston Park (by the museum)

Thursday Basics
Time: Thursdays 6pm - 8pm

Saturday Basics
Time: Saturdays 10:30 am - 1pm ish

IF YOU'RE NEW to these sessions there is one session aimed at those coming entirely new to Parkour, and you should come to this first if you can.

The Absolute Basics
Time: Saturdays 10 am - 10:30 am
Session overview: This is a basic introduction to what Parkour is. Alternatively, it's a quick reminder of what it is we're doing here on a Saturday morning, depending on your point of view.

Not-Quite-As-Basic Session

1) We're familiar with the basic methods...meaning now we're focused on using them.
The not-quite-as-basic sessions are times when we can train a bit harder. We each use the other people around us to help remind us that we can keep going. There is just the one not-quite-as-basic session each week at the moment.

Saturday N.Q.A.B.
Time: Saturday 2pm - 6pm ish
Meeting point: It depends. Probably somewhere along Arundel Gate.

Frequently asked questions regarding all sessions

Does it still happen if it's raining? Yes, of course it does. We practise and we get wet.
What do I need to wear? Something that isn't going to restrict your movement too much, but that will stand up to a bit of abuse.
Do I need to be fit and strong in order to come along? No. These sessions cover the very basics of Parkour, and in fact the whole point of Parkour is to enable people who are not fit and strong to become fitter and stronger.

If you have any other questions, ask them.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Re: Sheffield Basics Sessions

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:27 pm

No sessions on Saturday 6th July because of Cliffhanger. Sessions will be on again from 13th July.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Re: Sheffield Basics Sessions

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 am

No session for me Saturday 17th August as I'm away.

I'll be going over the basics on Sunday instead. Same time, same place, different day.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Return to Sheffield Parkour Talk