Sheffield Training Times & Details

Discuss the Sheffield locations and generally chat about the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Parkour scene, including jams.

Sheffield Training Times & Details

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 pm

The information keeps getting lost and re-posted in the introductions thread, so here, definitively, is the information about training in Sheffield. If anything changes I'll update all the information in this first post so you don't have to search if the thread gets longer.

Information no longer up to date:

Anyone can come along. Age, gender, strength, fitness and previous experience are all irrelevant, everyone is welcome.

You do not have to pay to attend any of these sessions.

The Basics Session is led by a coach, sometimes several coaches. You're still responsible for yourself, however there will be someone else on hand to help you :)

The informal sessions are not coach-led, they are simply a group of people practicing Parkour together. Everyone is responsible for themselves.

Training happens whatever the weather. If it's cloudy, we train. If it's raining, we train. If it's snowing, we still train.

------------------------

Day: Monday
Time: 6pm
Type: Informal training
Meeting point: 'English Department'
I.e. The small courtyard between Shearwood Road and Northumberland Road, on the Sheffield University Student Union side of the Hallamshire Hospital. As you walk up Northumberland Road (from Glossop Road/Clarkson Street) you reach a house surrounded by scaffolding on your left after about 150 metres, and the courtyard is just behind that building. (Postcode S10 2TT)

------------------------

Day: Wednesday
Time: 6pm
Type: Informal training
Meeting point: 'English Department'
I.e. The small courtyard between Shearwood Road and Northumberland Road, on the Sheffield University Student Union side of the Hallamshire Hospital. As you walk up Northumberland Road (from Glossop Road/Clarkson Street) you reach a house surrounded by scaffolding on your left after about 150 metres, and the courtyard is just behind that building. (Postcode S10 2TT)

------------------------

Day: Saturday
Time: 12 noon (ish)
Type: VERY informal training
Meeting point: Varies, usually somewhere on Charter Row.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Re: Sheffield Training

Postby dr.havoc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:33 pm

cool :)

hope to see you a couple of saturdays :)

you coming out this saturday ???
dr.havoc
Traceur

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 am

Yes, although I've got other stuff to do between 12 and 2pm this Saturday so I'll miss the middle part of the session.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby ChrisH_R » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:00 pm

I will be coming to Sheffield on the 17th (saturday) and wandered if someone could help me find this place from the train station as it's my first time doing parkour in sheffield.
Thanks guys,
Train safe...
Doncaster's very own Ginger Ninja
ChrisH_R
Traceur

Re: Sheffield Training Time & Details

Postby supersenior » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:26 am

hey is it near the university drama studio?
supersenior
Traceur

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Yes, just around the back of the drama studios.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby ChrisH_R » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:42 pm

I think I know the way now :L
Ill just give you a ring Dave, when I come in :L I'll find my way around one day :L
Doncaster's very own Ginger Ninja
ChrisH_R
Traceur

Postby itbeme » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Hiya guys! I'm from the york area, originally me and James were going to Sheffield on Saturday this weekend but looks like his Ema hasn't come through. Ive never been to Sheffield before I'm coming by train from york. Ill probably try to get in as early as possible like maybe 9,10 or 11. i was wondering if anyone will be around then and if they would mind helping me out?
Trying to get better and stronger with each day.
itbeme
Traceur

Postby MiniBiggins » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Can i have one of your numbers?? i came once but i just missed you soo ye just in case PM it me if ye

Oh and are he 6pm sessions still on even tho its Reaaly dark at 4
MiniBiggins
Traceur

Re: Sheffield Training Times & Details

Postby ye-sung » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm

hi my names ye-sung nd i want to start parkour ndi was wonderin whether the info for the times nd stuff is still up to date.
thankyou
xx
ye-sung
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Yes, the details are still the same. I'm trying to post a thread in the forum for every sessions now just to confirm them, but if you're ever thinking of coming along and there isn't a thread just start one and I'll reply as soon as I can to let you know.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby ye-sung » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

kk thnx me nd my friend may try nd come on monday :) , we are both complete novices though. hope thats ok.
xx
ye-sung
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

That's fine. Monday sessions tend to be more fitness orientated but you can do as much or as little as you like.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby ye-sung » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

wait isnt it kinda dark at 6:00, is the session still on? nd how long do the sessions last on average?
xx
ye-sung
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Yes it's dark, which makes judging things harder and is why we concentrate more on repetition for fitness than learning new things.

Sessions usually last about 2 hours, but you come and go whenever. It's only an informal session with a bunch of people training together to share ideas and determination.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby Nix419 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey, i know you said any age but am i alright coming along one day because im 12?
Nix419
Traceur

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 pm

You're welcome to come along, but most of us are a fair bit older than you so a lot of the training we do may not be suitable for people of your age. Moving through the urban environment puts a lot of strain on the body and it's not wise to cause unnecessary damage while your body is still growing.

You should also be aware that it's not a coach-led session and each person needs to be responsible for their own actions. It's more like a kick-about with some friends than a club training session. That said, if you and your family are happy for you to come along then so are we :)
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby Nix419 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 am

OK, i will come along one time but i have a broken finger at the moment so it will probably be in a few weeks.
Last edited by Nix419 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nix419
Traceur

Postby Dan.Wilson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I used to train with you, but i haven't for a while, is it ok if i pop along to the Saturday jam?
Dan.Wilson
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Of course :)
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Next

Return to Sheffield Parkour Talk