New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Discuss the Sheffield locations and generally chat about the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Parkour scene, including jams.

Re: New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Postby mathew » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Dave,

Interesting question that: is Parkour a Sport ? (On one of your other threads.)

- Just dropping by to see if you can give me some feedback on the Parkour Statement. I have tried to contact you but am having no luck, so thought I would try this way.

Sorry to be a pain and thanks for your efforts on the day.

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers for now

Mat
mathew
Traceur

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Matthew.

I did get the message about your statement, however I've not had time yet to read the statement fully.

I've read the first few pages and there are a few things I was going to mention as from my point of view the points are not as clear as they could be, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish reading it and type out a response so don't feel as though you have to wait for me. It's a positive piece so there are no serious complaints :)
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby mathew » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Ok Dave,

Great to hear that there are no serious complaints. If you feel that there is something I haven't captured during the Phenomenonological interviews - just let me know.

One final request Dave: can you please ask Dean, Martin and Adam (every other person I interviewed has now responded and confirmed that they are happy with it - yourself included, unless I here otherwise!) to confirm that they have read it and are happy with it ? Again, if they feel I have missed something that we talked about during the interviews - I will do my best to add it to the statement.

Cheers

Mat
mathew
Traceur

Postby tamanda » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:41 am

hie, im interested in starting parkour training but have not actualy had any training.I would like to though and upuntil now I dindt know they did it in sheffiled see i was told the nearest one was in manchester- which is a bit far for me but then i found out on the internet that there is a group in sheffield and i would like to join. But first are there any other girls doing it because im a girl and i dont know if any girls free run / parkour? i hope so :)
tamanda
Traceur

Postby tamanda » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 am

oh and if there's anyone tonight i was wondering if i could tag along because im not sure if i can make it on saturday :) please
thankyouu
tamanda
Traceur

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Of course you're welcome to come along tonight. Everyone's welcome :)
6pm at the usual meeting place. It's not a formal session with someone in charge ordering everyone about, but there will be people around to help you get started.

At the moment there are no other girls training regularly in Sheffield, but there are a few who practise occasionally.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby Tee89 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey im Tony, Im new to parkour and i should be coming down on saturday if thats cool, is the meeting time still 12pm?
Tee89
Traceur

Postby Farkasember » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Germain, 23, french traceur based near Marseille, and I'm coming to Sheffield to teach french at Sheffield Uni in september !
I've been practicing Parkour only for a year now, but I have a history of wall-climbing and fence-jumping that dates back since childhood..
Anyway I just wanted to say hi and perhaps get in touch with Sheffield traceurs before I actually get to England. I don't know anything about Sheffield itself, so any information will be welcome !
Farkasember
Traceur

Postby BeingMyself » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

Looking forward to getting to know you and welcoming you all. I'm Danny and I train regularly in Sheffield. Hope to see you soon! :-)
My Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/laudablesovereign
BeingMyself
Traceur

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Tony, all the current training times and details are as listed in the other sticky thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4477 We keep that thread up to date. You're welcome to come along to any session!

Germain, nice to hear from you. Sheffield's a quiet city with hills, trams and a small number of Parkour practitioners. I hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to training with you. :)
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby pure » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 am

Hey guys I'm brad, those of you that go to corp in Sheffield may know me. So yeah I'm looking to start free running/ parkour but I work nights so its hard for me to get up before about 2pm so if there is any time anyone can meet for just showing me some stuff at some point in the week that would be cool! thank you give me a message or something b.r.beech(at)hotmail.co.uk sound!
pure
Traceur

Postby Caladhiel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi, I'm Ellie, I'm just about to start uni in Sheffield this September and I've been wanting to get involved in parkour for a while now, so thought I'd take this opportunity! Once I've actually moved and got settled in I'd love to head down for a session, so hopefully see you all soon :)
Caladhiel
Traceur

Postby akeel.2k » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 pm

awesome see you some time in the future then Ellie :D
akeel.2k
Traceur

Postby Farkasember » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks for your welcoming messages guys, I'm coming over to Sheffield on Tuesday. Any chance I might attend next training session on Wednesday ?
Farkasember
Traceur

Postby Will » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 am

Yeah sure. Do you know where we meet up? Should be a guide here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4477
Will
Traceur

Postby dominicluke » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 am

hey hey all, i just moved to sheffield for uni. i'v been training parkour a good few years now and looking forward to training in a new place. i'll be trying to attend all sessions whenever possible.....iffffff i can work out quite where they are. haha.
dominicluke
Traceur

Postby Farkasember » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 am

Hey man, I quite managed to figure where the session was although i just moved here as well, but there you go, that might be helpful :
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=shearwood ... gEwAA&z=16
Farkasember
Traceur

Postby shaymccarthy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi, Im a student at sheffield hallam, just joined this year, and im really keen to get involved in parkour! just to say hi and wondering when i can start. From Shay :)
shaymccarthy
Traceur

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:39 pm

You can start whenever you want!

Just come along to one of the regular sessions and join in.
~ Dave

Dave
Alliance

Postby Mich3108 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey, I'm Michelle, 14. Might come one Saturday depending on maybe if I could convince a friend to come with me. I'm wondering how many people there are that attend around my age group?
Mich3108
Traceur

PreviousNext

Return to Sheffield Parkour Talk