New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Discuss the Sheffield locations and generally chat about the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Parkour scene, including jams.

New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Postby Lewisr » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:46 pm

New to Sheffield Parkour?

Introduce yourself here. And try and get to one of our regular Jams.

See the other thread for details of training times: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4477

Please turn up to the jams attidude free and with a willingness the learn and listen to others.

Basically it just makes Parkour in Sheffield more pleasent we dont want no guys turning up determined to get on people's backs ect. Its just politeness :wink:

...Lewis...SPK

So hope to see you around soon!!!
Lewis. Greatness comes from determination
Lewisr
Traceur

Postby Ben » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:17 am

one more thing, it seems that when kids have come on jams in groups they go a little overboard when it comes to being "moved on" by security workers, like rodding and moonying cctv cams and being rude to security guys.

we need to make it clear that the sheffield parkour group, in association with northern parkour, are trying to train for parkour in a friendly environment, we move on once been asked to and are pleasant and polite to the security officials and city centre ambassadors.

[b:63073ebe03][u:63073ebe03][i:63073ebe03]anyone who ignores these simple instructions will be frowned upon.[/i:63073ebe03][/u:63073ebe03][/b:63073ebe03]
Last edited by Ben on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK, BABY!

A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfactory.
A life without limits on adventure is likely to be short.
Ben
No longer the SPG guru

Postby Lewisr » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:55 pm

[quote:3bedbc9392]when it comes to being "moved on" by security workers, like rodding and moonying cctv cams and being rude to security guys.[/quote:3bedbc9392]

:lol:
Lewis. Greatness comes from determination
Lewisr
Traceur

Postby Wings » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:46 am

Hey guys, long time no... post, I guess. I used to be over in Macclesfield but I've recently moved to Sheffield to go to Uni at Hallam - and I had no idea it would be this easy to find other traceurs in the area! I'll be there on Saturday (sleep permitting) and hopefully you'll all be able to teach me a few things, if you're willing - I'm still very much a newbie...

See you there.
[img:f2596c1b65]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/banner2.jpg[/img:f2596c1b65]
Wings
Traceur

Postby JKblaze » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:31 pm

[quote:c9ebb9d2ae="Wings"]Hey guys, long time no... post, I guess. I used to be over in Macclesfield but I've recently moved to Sheffield to go to Uni at Hallam - and I had no idea it would be this easy to find other traceurs in the area! I'll be there on Saturday (sleep permitting) and hopefully you'll all be able to teach me a few things, if you're willing - I'm still very much a newbie...

See you there.[/quote:c9ebb9d2ae]

Well i might be there (weathe rpermitting) unfortunatle yi may only be there to help others and take pictures due to an injury. Many have commented on my teachings though, but quite a bit of it i use is passed down from people.
JKblaze
Traceur

Postby Wings » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:34 am

Ugh, weather permitting indeed. Last week would have been perfect, annoyingly. Here's hoping.

EDIT: Awrgh, I've just remembered - I'm starting work tomorrow (Sat) from 9-7, so unless I get a decently-timed lunch break I might not be able to make it - if at all, any week... I'll be there if I can but now there's no need to expect me. :(
[img:f2596c1b65]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/banner2.jpg[/img:f2596c1b65]
Wings
Traceur

Postby Wibbl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 am

Hay guys im Wibbl/ Joe, i'v been going to they jams for about 5 weeks now and have been signed up to this site for about 6 but i'v only just decded to introduce myself :P

If you're wondering who i am im the guy that wears the black and red billabong hat
Last edited by Wibbl on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkour for life
Wibbl
Traceur

Postby Shane » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:04 pm

I know who you are, I gave you an Oreo.

You still comign to stay at Riccardo's this weekend?
Wanna train?
Get in touch via the following:
Twitter: @srounce
Facebook: Shane Rounce
xBox Live: ShaneRounce
Shane
Traceur

Postby Wibbl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:25 pm

nope, i have to go to my dads to get some money to go to wales :P but ill still be coming on saturday
Parkour for life
Wibbl
Traceur

Postby jump_killamarsh » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:23 pm

woah...just been looking through the member list and found my original account. i forgot i had signed up twice! lol must have retardedly forgot my password or something!!

this is ben (pk ben) by the way
jump_killamarsh
Traceur

Postby tim e trash » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:36 pm

:roll: Hi. just joined the forum. is it ok to just drop down to odeon on a saturday. Its getting a bit crappy weatherwise now so thiught i'd check. Im in liverpool this weekend so won't be able to come out till the 10th. Anyhow, just thought i'd test the waters before jumping.
tim e trash
Traceur

Postby Shane » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:45 pm

Come down any time you like but we dont meet on the Odeon anymore.

We meet at the Hallam University just a little further up Arundel Gate.

We could have someone waiting at the Odeon to meet and greet you though if you really want.
Wanna train?
Shane
Traceur

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:44 pm

[quote:747fa5362a="Lewis"]We Jam every Saturday
Meet at the Odeon cinema (opposite the crucible theatre)
Between 11.30- 12.30 [/quote:747fa5362a]

yeh lewis (or dave) can you change this when you see it

'Odeon' is now spelled 'H-A-L-L-A-M'

[quote:747fa5362a="My Mate, Dave Webster"]i'd love to come, but...how good do you have to be?[/quote:747fa5362a]

i would also like to point out that there are no restrictions at all. you will be welcomed to join us reguardless of ability, age, size, disabilities, race, sex, hair colour, eye colour...etc etc...

as long as you have an interest in the art of movement and want to give the old 'le parkour' a go, there's no reason why you should have to miss out or train by yourself. it is actually advisable that you train with us rather than participating in your own sessions as if you are likely to be unaware of the way we go about our training, and we don't want people to give parkour a bad name, we have a rather good reputation with the sheffield city centre ambassadors, they know what we do and let us do it, providing we take care and know our limits (ability and private land restrictions) and don't do any damage to any property, and of course take notice of security workers and listen to what they say and obey their instructions. also, we don't want you to get hurt while out on your own, and you will learn lots from the experienced traceurs at jams
I'M BACK, BABY!

Ben
No longer the SPG guru

Postby Danny France05 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:24 pm

:lol: :? ye what they said :lol: :?
"FreeRunning is life; it is in the blood that pumps through our veins, the air that we breathe, the touch in our finger tips & the vision to see our own paths." 3run
Danny France05
Traceur

~peer~

Postby Morrigan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:08 am

Yo... I've been kinda interested in PK for a while,
and silly me nver thought to check the net for a PK group in Sheff..Joy

but hey a freind pointed me here and so..here I am...

Looking to have a fresh start in yet another active ...well activity..

And yes I am very much a newbie, extremly much so.
All the world's a stage..and I've forgetten my lines...
Morrigan
Traceur

Postby Ben » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:30 pm

hey
where are you from?
how old are you?

do we know the person that referred you to here?

feel free to come along to the jams. see the posts in this thread for general details and arrangements, and the particular thread started by one of us a few days before each jam and you'll see who's coming etc

hope to see you soon
I'M BACK, BABY!

Ben
No longer the SPG guru

Postby Morrigan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:44 pm

[quote:056e0639da="pk ben"]hey
where are you from?
how old are you?

do we know the person that referred you to here?

feel free to come along to the jams. see the posts in this thread for general details and arrangements, and the particular thread started by one of us a few days before each jam and you'll see who's coming etc

hope to see you soon[/quote:056e0639da]

's see right now 'm 22 .. and I'm livign up side of Skye Edge Avenue near The Wybourn ..

A freind of mine who was at one of your jams and did some countign for you at the Hallam told me about your site..

Also a guy at one of my other hobbies does PK and hinted to look about for the site.
All the world's a stage..and I've forgetten my lines...
Morrigan
Traceur

Postby Shane » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:00 pm

And what are the names of these other guys?

Think you will be along this Saturday?
Wanna train?
Shane
Traceur

Postby CaveBoy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:43 pm

Hey guys,

Am a student at Shef Uni and feel like i could do with a bit of jumping at the mo to clear my head. You guys gunna be meeting at 12 on Sat down at Hallam? If so i might see you there.

Rob
Above or below ground, never on it.
CaveBoy
Traceur

Postby Shane » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:41 pm

[quote:3a8b44f0b1="CaveBoy"]Hey guys,

Am a student at Shef Uni and feel like i could do with a bit of jumping at the mo to clear my head. You guys gunna be meeting at 12 on Sat down at Hallam? If so i might see you there.

Rob[/quote:3a8b44f0b1]

Yeah there are always people there! :)
Wanna train?
Shane
Traceur

Next

Return to Sheffield Parkour Talk