New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Discuss the Sheffield locations and generally chat about the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Parkour scene, including jams.

Re: New to Sheffield Parkour? Introduce yourself here.

Postby MadisonJeffs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Hey i'm Madison im sixteen and ill be coming along soon!Im a dude not a girl btw! I've loved jumping around and doing stuff like parkour i used to be on a gymnastics team when i was younger can't wait to join you guys!
MadisonJeffs
Traceur

Postby Fat-Lad » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Names Daniel, i'm sixteen and i want to get fitter, i have no experience but id love to learn
My username liezz! :D
Fat-Lad
Traceur

Postby pure » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm

i'm brad, i'm 20 i have wanted to start doing this for ages now but never really got round to doing it there has always been something that stopped me. so i think i will be joining you guys on wednesday!
pure
Traceur

Postby jono » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

hello,

im jono, 24, met a few of you last night and ready to get out again

:D
jono
Traceur

Postby zedarina » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi, this is Ez. I came down last Wednesday, nice to meet you all and look forward to next session. I am working six eveniching be catight this week so shant see you again until next week.
zedarina
Traceur

Postby Snypa_XL » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey,

I am fairly new to Sheffield, and work at the University. I am however a very keen amateur photographer ( I normally shoot breakdance and urban dance events).

I would love to get involved with some Parkour photography in Sheffield. Please let me know of any events or sessions where I could come and shoot: I am sure some of the pro guys need images for flyers / profiles / events etc.

Peace,

SXL
Snypa_XL
Traceur

Postby Pie_please » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey I'm Carmel, 20 years old, want to get into parkour. Am always in Sheffield on Saturdays, not to train but to work. Hope to make it to some sessions during the week this Easter while I'm back home. Hopefully I can get some pointers and much needed advice :D see you on a Monday/Wednesday!
Pie_please
Traceur

Postby slydog » Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi,
I'm a deferred student needing something to keep me focused until I return to uni and beyond. Always been massively drawn to Parkour for it's uniqueness and physical and mental challenge. Never done any before but have done all kinds of other sports. Hope to join a sesh for the first time this week or next!!!
Can someone just confirm that the beginners sessions are still running on Thursdays at 6pm in that courtyard off Northumberland Rd as in the training details thread?

Cheers
David
slydog
Traceur

Postby PainAuChocolatMan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm Daniel. And when I'm not eating Pan Au Chocolat I'm out (or in) training. Let the good times commence. :-D
Real Winners Eat Pan Au Chocolat
PainAuChocolatMan
Traceur

Postby Will » Wed May 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah the beginners session should still be on.
Will
Traceur

Postby kim jong il » Mon May 09, 2011 2:58 pm

don't chocolate pans melt .......? eh
bright light
kim jong il
Traceur

Postby DJMOYES » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:44 am

Hi,

I am Daniel (DJ). 7yrs old.

I am looking for a club to train/join and learn Parkour near Rotherham. My dad has set me up on here because he says if we ask around we might find something.
Can anyone suggest a club or somewhere we can find like minded people?

any idea's are welcome.

Daniel & Daniel's Dad!
:mrgreen:
DJMOYES
Traceur

Postby Laurynas » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi,
I am Larry and I would like to try parkour so maybe someone is going for a training on Tuesday?
Laurynas
Traceur

Postby faustus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello everyone! I'm a complete novice hoping to get involved, looking for training times and stuff to attend in Sheffield! Please let me know!
faustus
Traceur

Postby reef » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 am

Hi my name is Reef im 10 yrs ,im looking forward to joining in a couple of weeks from today (2 weeks) ,can anyone tell me if the kids club is on that day i 2 weeks plz as we are travalling from rotherham thx :D
reef
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi reef.

Yes, the basics session for juniors will be on as normal on the 18th, at 5pm at the usual meeting place. The only time it might not be on for the next few weeks is the 1st September as I'm away that week.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby adrianm318 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

hi i'm moving back to sheffield for 2nd year at uni in 2 weeks and wanted to try parkour when I get back. whens a good time to turn up for beginners sessions?
adrianm318
Traceur

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 pm

6pm on Thursdays.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby Conor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey guys, i'm Conor. I live just down the road from Sheffield, in Rotherham. To get to the sessions all i need to do is catch a bus to Meadowhall then get the tram from there, but i just want to know what exactly we do? Especially on the Saturday sessions. I'm hoping to come and not find people competing, laughing at other people and leaving the less capable traceurs (which may be me in some cases) behind to just watch, but instead, to find a helpful, friendly environment where i can learn new skills, and hopefully get detailed, private help from a far more skilled traceur than myself when i find a movement difficult. I'm sure this will be the case, i am just looking for some reassurance.
Conor
Traceur

Postby JoeBennett » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey,
Im joe, live in sheffield and staying here for a gap year, so i though id take up (or try to) parkour.
Also encouraged my mate ben to come along with me, but he'll never ever post on this as hes far too disorganised, so ill introduce him too, sort of.
Thinking of coming down to the adult beginner session today, not too sure where it is,( just up from the uni drama studio (old church) yes?)
anyway ill probably potter down an have a look, so hope to see you there :)
JoeBennett
Traceur

PreviousNext

Return to Sheffield Parkour Talk