confidence

For discussion of the non-physical side of parkour.

Re: confidence

Postby NathNinetyOne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 am

jay_200 wrote:one thing...
say your jumping roof to roof, never think about the injury you could cause yourself by missing the jump

if you just do it, you should be fine ;)

... Is the worst advice ever.

If your struggling with confidence, perhaps thats a sign you're not ready to do whatever it is that you're thinking of just yet.
NathNinetyOne
Traceur

Postby David Bray » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 am

I have that with railings. I can jump a 3ft wall but a 3ft railing more than often terrifies me. I think it's just practice and gaining a sort of intimacy with the surface you're using.
Parkour is a skill that doesn't work 100% of the time
David Bray
Traceur

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am

Parkour isn't a skill, it is a training system and it works every single time :)

If you practise you're guaranteed to get better at what you practise.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby David Bray » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 am

Didn't you say yourself though that things can change under different conditions? It was either in a post or one of the documentaries. That's what i meant. 1 day your game might be off and it becomes different but working in those conditions can help you get used to them as well
David Bray
Traceur

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 am

Oh, our abilities change all the time, but parkour isn't one of our abilities, it's a training system that helps us improve our abilities. Whatever the state of our abilities, the system will still work and help us improve.

Abilities change from one second to the next, but there's always a reason for it.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Previous

Return to Parkour and the mind