Short documentary about parkour

If it's not specifically parkour, it's in here.

Short documentary about parkour

Postby Olesya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am

Hello,
I'm a student at Media City and am interested in making a short documentary about parkour and its influence on the lives of those who practice it. It seems that parkour is often portrayed as a disruptive and sometimes dangerous activity but having watched numerous YouTube videos I've been staggered not just by the talent and fitness it requires, but also the positive impact it has had on so many people.

The filming will take place in the next month or so, but at this stage I'm just wondering if any of you would be interested in participating in this film.
I would love to have the opportunity to meet you and also to have a chat with anyone who feels they can contribute to what I hope will be a very positive story to tell about the side of parkour that doesn't seem to get much media attention..

I would love to hear from you either here or via e-mail o.malaja@me.com

Many thanks and I hope to meet some of you soon,

Olesya
Olesya
Traceur

Re: Short documentary about parkour

Postby Oldboy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, most people don't use the forum anymore, you would get a faster response on the Facebook page. Feel free to come down to any of our training sessions. We meet at Morton Lab, which is part of the old Umist campus, not far from Piccadilly train station. The meeting spot is directly over the road from the Manchester Macdonald hotel. This is just off London road. The postcode is M1 2PG. We meet on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6pm and Saturdays from 10:30am and move to other training spots after 30-45 mins.

Here's the location on google maps
http://g.co/maps/pchk6
Oldboy
Local Area Moderator

Re: Short documentary about parkour

Postby Olesya » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Thank you very much for your reply!
I'll come along on Saturday, hope to see you then;)
Olesya
Traceur

Return to General Chat