Parkour - The Nature Of Challenge

If it's not specifically parkour, it's in here.

Re: Parkour - The Nature Of Challenge

Postby Garacesh » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Amazingly done, guys.
Nice to finally see a parkour video that talks about it properly and doesn't just go "Hey! Look at what I can do!!"
I found it actually helped further motivate me to get off my ass and work at it more :)

Maybe I'll buy a proper camera and start my own little Youtube Vlog or something.. "The newbie guide to Parkour" lol.. Have it follow my progress as I try, fail, try again and succeed new challenges.. Coupled with insightful speeches by me and some others..

All I need is a camera that records sound, too xD
Garacesh
Traceur

Postby mcquade » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 am

Garacesh wrote:Maybe I'll buy a proper camera and start my own little Youtube Vlog or something.. "The newbie guide to Parkour" lol.. Have it follow my progress as I try, fail, try again and succeed new challenges.. Coupled with insightful speeches by me and some others..

All I need is a camera that records sound, too xD
Or you could spend that time doing sit ups, pull ups, squats, push ups, jumps, handstands and anything else your heart desires ;)

Peace
Jumps first, internet discussion later... Much later.
mcquade
Traceur

Postby bateson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 pm

guys dont know if anyones noticed but this now has a mention on the Notable parkour documentaries section on wiki :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour
bateson
Traceur

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah, it's been on that list on wikipedia a while. It's a little bit ironic, since the whole reason we made the documentary was because most of the others on that list have done a poor job of explaining parkour.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby Natterz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:41 pm

indeed...the wonders of wikipedia...anyone can go into it, and make a link...espec if they like said documentary...and think it portrays what its all about...
:)
"Wheres the flapjack???"
"Why dont you just have cat food? Its chicken and jelly flavoured, and only 35p!!!!!!!!!"
Natterz
Traceur

Postby lgfrancoh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 am

Hey guys, first of all, i have to say this is by far the best documentary on parkour i've seen, i think this is what people shut see when they first start in parkour, i'm from Colombia, i'm been training for 2 years and it's so sad to see how many many wrong ideas about parkour are here, so i'd like to help to change that, and in order to do that i want to show as many people as i can this documentary, but the problem is that here in Colombia almost no one speaks english so i´m macking the subtitles in spanish, and it would be really helpfull if you guys could send me the script or the italian subtitles file, this would help me a lot to synchronise the spanish subs. Thank you and greetings from Colombia!!!!
lgfrancoh
Traceur

Postby Obsidian » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi Igfrancoh,

I'll dig out the Italian subtitles and scripts for you tomorrow and email them over to you :) Thanks
Correct the wise man and he will thank you. Correct the fool and he will attack you.
http://obsidianpkav.blogspot.com/
Obsidian

Postby banshee » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:18 pm

epic video guys...keep up the good work...
many thanks for the single HD megaupload file...straight to the hard drive
hope to be training with y'all very soon...
c-bone
banshee
Traceur

Postby Obsidian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks Chris. We'll see you again soon in Manchester!
Correct the wise man and he will thank you. Correct the fool and he will attack you.
http://obsidianpkav.blogspot.com/
Obsidian

Postby BuBu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Well first of all let me say that this is by far one of the best films about parkour I've seen.

This sport is not quite developed in my country ( Serbia ).
But it's popularity is developing somewhat... now, we are having a big festival of moving arts http://www.summerflame.org/ It's first time for Serbia to host such a thing.
Anyway, in order to increase popularity of parkour in my little home town I was wondering if it's ok to show the movie to our youth ( I'm one of the coordinators the youth club in our town ). I really liked how the philosophy behind the parkour is explained and that is something that we are trying to encourage in our young people.
Also, I have read on this tread that someone is translating it into Croatian. I would be most grateful if someone could send me the translation.

Thanks in advance.
BuBu
Traceur

Postby xergos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Obsidian wrote:Israaraujo, let me know if you need a copy of the script to help you with the translation. It's also currently being translated into Polish and Italian :)

For anyone who wants to download the whole thing as a 720p HD quicktime, here's the link to the 950MB file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EWBRPJ5T

Greets!

It seems that this link is out of date for some reason =P.
Could you please upload the video somewhere, so I could download it now or maybe later in the future?

Thanks!
Andor
xergos
Traceur

Previous

Return to General Chat