For discussing the York scene

Re: Meuseum gardens JAM york?

Postby x0 EDGE 0x » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:26 pm

yea nick name geko has a vid on youtube tittled : ppk
x0 EDGE 0x
Traceur

Postby Stumble » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:45 am

You guys still meeting up every sunday? Have no exp whatsoever but will be fun to learn. PM me if you're up for possibly teaching me some things.
Stumble
Traceur

Postby fuzzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey, I've just posted a jam tomorrow, cos apparently the weather's meant to be better than Sun. Anyone welcome, see other thread :) Nicolas reckons he'll be there, x0Edge0x and itbeme might be there, all else welcome of course - would be nice to meet some more people, and agreed regular stuff would be great!
Defeat is not part of pk :)
Therefore pk will never die...

Discuss :D
fuzzy
Traceur

Postby itbeme » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm

hey hey hey =) right first off for Drew apparently this guys name was james, there is alot of james tho xD he had a scar across his stomoch and a wolf tatto on his back and snake bites on his lips xD not sure if that helps but. :')

And also il be out saterday AND sunday 10 am muesum garden gates anyone can come along =D

Okay has the fun guys =D
itbeme
Traceur

Postby fuzzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Aha, ppls it looks like the sh*t hit the fan about 2005 between YPK and PPK: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=977&p=9557&hilit=ppk#p9557
So now we know :-)
or :-( at the story...... :P

fuzzy
Traceur

Postby Drew YPK » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 pm

fuzzy wrote:Aha, ppls it looks like the sh*t hit the fan about 2005 between YPK and PPK: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=977&p=9557&hilit=ppk#p9557
So now we know :-)
or :-( at the story...... :P

Ancient history long since buried, and in any case the PPK that exists today isn't the same as the one in 2005.
"Disciplina, fide, perseverantia"
York Parkour
Drew YPK
Local Area Moderator

Postby fuzzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow, that was a nip in the bud if ever I saw one! Not wishing to bring it all back to the surface - not at all. Purely fyi to those newbs who may have been looking. The origins of the 2 clans (?) are now known :)

fuzzy
Traceur

Postby Nicolas » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm

calling it a clan just makes it sound wrong... too much like cult xD call them groups :)
Nicolas
Traceur

Postby Drew YPK » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm

The trend was to call them teams, as the higher profile groups referred to themselves as such (and still do of course).

fuzzy wrote:Wow, that was a nip in the bud if ever I saw one! Not wishing to bring it all back to the surface - not at all. Purely fyi to those newbs who may have been looking. The origins of the 2 clans (?) are now known :)

I'm not angry. I'm just clarifying that the York scene's turbulent past has no bearing on how things are today. Every now and then I read through the old threads where everyone was at each others throats. At the time it was horrible, but now I kind of miss the good old days (even if they weren't always good), and get very nostalgic. :) The origins of YPK also go back further than what's on this forum. The group was founded in 2003, arguably making it one of the oldest Parkour groups in the UK that still exists, although it is now a shadow of of its former self.
York Parkour
Drew YPK
Local Area Moderator

Postby fuzzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Drew YPK wrote:The trend was to call them teams, as the higher profile groups referred to themselves as such (and still do of course).

Thanks - I had wondered!

Drew YPK wrote:I'm not angry.

... A post that starts 'I'm not angry' generally means there's hurt there somewhere..

Drew YPK wrote:although it is now a shadow of of its former self.

Besides, what of this group not being a shadow of what it was? New people are beginning now, quite possibly moreso than ever (naturally I wouldn't know, but since joining in June I've seen about 6 ppl interested who've never done it before). That doesn't constitute a shadow in my eyes! The more new people, the more potential for new movement styles and blah blah.

So, for the future, let's learn from the lessons of our predecessors (or selves in some cases!) and leave nastiness outside the gates of parkour. Practise together and remember if you're there for any reason other than parkour or related (such as being mean), get out and do your own thing elsewhere (or learn to better yourself, this can be done with support).

fuzzy
Traceur

Postby fuzzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Nicolas wrote:calling it a clan just makes it sound wrong... too much like cult xD call them groups :)

Heh, I just read something somewhere about French clans and wanted something to call a group of traceurs... Possibly in here somewhere: http://www.kiell.com/parkour_research_paper.pdf

fuzzy
Traceur

Postby Drew YPK » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 pm

fuzzy wrote:
Drew YPK wrote:I'm not angry.

... A post that starts 'I'm not angry' generally means there's hurt there somewhere..

Nope, none at all. The problems were either sorted out, or ceased to be relevant a long time ago. As I said, I actually kind of miss those days more than anything.

As for the group being a shadow, I'm referring more to the original YPK group/team, which I think will always be distinct from whatever has come or will come after (at least for those of us who were there and can remember it). It's just one of those things.
York Parkour
Drew YPK
Local Area Moderator

Postby itbeme » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:20 pm

hmm well id class the york parkour scence now as people who regurly train in york there is only a few of us at the moment but it seems to be growing alot more now there is a few of us regurlrs, im going in every sunday at least sometimes more now.
Trying to get better and stronger with each day.
itbeme
Traceur

Postby Stumble » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:36 am

Just checking tomoro is still on at 10.30? I know some ppl went out today but got message too late.
Stumble
Traceur

Postby Echo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I'll try and get out tomorrow but again I won't know if I can get it off work until tomorrow but I'll do my best!
Echo
Traceur

Postby Nicolas » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:03 pm

i am fairly sure we will be out. depends on weather and how my body feels in the morning :) i will probably go along, but might not do anything serious
Nicolas
Traceur

Postby fuzzy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:05 pm

OK, nice chilled out session today, tomorrow 10am museum gardens looks like it's on, unless someone wants to start off at either Rowntree Park or the wall along Albemarle Rd (by the park) beforehand. I won't be up for those this time cos I'll be the wrong side of York to start, but in future I'm free to start earlier there and move onto Mus Gard's when others crawl out of bed...

There are now 2 with abdo muscle pain and me with foot injury (v minor), so looks like we'll be chillin a bit tomorrow too :)

@Drew - I know what you mean, a team is only the same if all the people are there and the cogs go round just that right way. Different team now, different cogs, definitely not in gear yet :P Glad it's all basically sorted now too - though few ppl I've met can truly put something behind them as 'irrelevant'. Sounds like all the feelings have changed now though, which is maybe what you meant. Come out if u can, it'd be good to see some more faces :)

fuzzy
Traceur

Postby Stumble » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Will see you tomoro at museum garden gates then gents, chilled session sounds good to me as legs are pretty knackered from the other day!
Stumble
Traceur

Postby itbeme » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 pm

was a good training seshion today i think =D

oh and il be out sunday to 10am museum garden gates ^.^
Trying to get better and stronger with each day.
itbeme
Traceur

Postby Echo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Any plans for where you'll be at 11.30? I think that's when I'll get into York.
Echo
Traceur

PreviousNext

Return to York Parkour