coming down to liverpool

Discuss the Liverpool locations and generally chat about the Liverpool scene, as well as arrange jams.

coming down to liverpool

Postby mkey_gal » Sun May 01, 2011 8:33 am

Hi everyone. I'm Carmen from Malaysia and will be coming down to Liverpool for my studies. I been looking for places to practice, preferably around Calderstones Park (using Google Map to get to know the location). My uni will be around there, so would be more convenient. If not, around the area will do. Right now, is just conditioning. So I'm wondering if I could join with anyone who's practicing too? :D
mkey_gal
Traceur

Re: coming down to liverpool

Postby Crayfish » Tue May 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey Carmen,

I just moved to Liverpool a few weeks ago. I'd be happy to train with you. I'm having trouble finding people to train with regularly in Liverpool, the scene here seems kind of disorganised! There is an indoors gym open session on Thursday nights in Toxteth that's really good though.

Let me know when you'll be in Liverpool and I'll look forward to training with you some time. I live and work in the city centre but I could come to Calderstones park sometimes, I think it's only 20-30 minutes on the train.
Crayfish
Traceur

Postby mkey_gal » Thu May 05, 2011 12:08 am

Hey crayfish

I thought parkour in Liverpool is big & organised but at least I have someone to train with, gets boring if I did it alone. :D

Awesome! I got mixed up with the address. I'll be living around Naylor Street instead of the park area. It takes me 20 min to the park too. LOL!! I'll reach there around 1st June. :)
mkey_gal
Traceur

Postby Crayfish » Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Carmen,

Yeah I find it really hard to train alone :) Ok well drop me a line when you're settled in and feel like training! I'll pm you my email address.

Parkour in Liverpool maybe was organised once? I don't know. There are loads of professionals here e.g. Daniel Ilabaca, Ryan Doyle, Apex Parkour and some of 3run but no one holds public sessions as far as I know, except for the gym sessions which were set up by Ryan Doyle.

Chris
Crayfish
Traceur

Postby mkey_gal » Wed May 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Chris

=))).. I see.. I heard of Ryan Doyle and also Apex Parkour but that would be down the other side of Liverpool and pedestrian can't walk in the tunnel.. LOL

Carmen
mkey_gal
Traceur

Return to Liverpool Talk