Parkour on the wirral?

Discuss the Liverpool locations and generally chat about the Liverpool scene, as well as arrange jams.

Parkour on the wirral?

Postby Dragoniz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Hey guys, Iv'e recently started parkour and ive been able to learn basic vaults in the local park but now its getting to the more advanced stuff that me and my friends want to learn we don't know any good places to try it where we won't get stopped by the police. Weve googled spots but haven't found any and know its banned in moreton (to my knowledge from echo articles?) so im wondering if theres any other people on the forum from the wirral who know any decent spots to practice? There is about five of us at most at a time when we go out together looking for spots. We live in and around the prenton area. If anyone knows any decent gyms where we could start to go to which would be good for practicing then i would be very greatful, thanks.
Dragoniz
Traceur

Re: Parkour on the wirral?

Postby Kezo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:58 pm

alright, theres loads of people who train in the wirral suprised you havent found any. theres also a gym in prenton haha. its at some school near rightway. add me on kezo@hotmail.co.uk and we can arrange something i live in west kirby. theres like 100 people who train parkour/ free running on the wirral haha. and fyi moreton is okay to train on its never been legal to go on rooves so why would it be any different. if you get caught you get your name taken end of :) speak soon

Kezo
Kezo
Traceur

Postby Capo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Dragoniz wrote:Hey guys, Iv'e recently started parkour and ive been able to learn basic vaults in the local park but now its getting to the more advanced stuff that me and my friends want to learn we don't know any good places to try it where we won't get stopped by the police. Weve googled spots but haven't found any and know its banned in moreton (to my knowledge from echo articles?) so im wondering if theres any other people on the forum from the wirral who know any decent spots to practice? There is about five of us at most at a time when we go out together looking for spots. We live in and around the prenton area. If anyone knows any decent gyms where we could start to go to which would be good for practicing then i would be very greatful, thanks.

Firstly, regardless of where you go your likely to get stopped by the police however their ability to do anything to you obviously varies with where you are.

I live in Moreton and have been on the Parkour scene for about 7years, me and Daniel attended countless meetings and did various radio talks and television representations over the summer about this apparent 'ban' and after meeting with my solicitior and discussing what we had been told by both police and council members he got intouch with the council who then changed thir minds and said it wasnt banned (as they had illegally stated it was banned as they didn't go down the required avenues to ban the sport - court systems etc) so that ended the talk of parkour being banned in moreton. I still wouldn't advise clambering all over the roofs unless your with someone who knows the area, police hotspots and such.

Gyms on the wirral, your best bet is Grange Road West sports centre of a saturday evening 6-8 there's about 6 full size olympic trampolines there and teh admittance fee is only £1, also isn't far from prenton.

Prenton gym is a waste of time don't bother going.

Wednesday sessions at Park Road Lifestyles in Toxteth is definitely worth the trip (if your 18+) they run a 18- class on a thursday but i wouldnt suggest going as it's over priced and they admit far too many people for the size of the gym.

Avoid meeting up with people like Kezo and his team as you'll really end up with the wrong crowd and end up clueless about parkour. The manchester bunch are well equipt with knowledge about parkour you may want to contact Paul Maunder or Dave Sedgly(sp) and ask to attend one of their jams/sessions.
Capo
Traceur

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 am

On this forum it's easy enough to just call me Dave ;)
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby Charlieboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 am

I've been interested in parkour for a while but never known how to get into it. Last time I tried, I went out on my own and sprained my wrist trying to imitate a leap after about 20 minutes! So after that, I got a little discouraged for a while.

I'd really be interested in getting a few pointers and meeting up with Liverpool (or Wirral) traceurs if anyone wants to get in touch. I'm 28 and in good shape as I play a fair amount of sport anyway.
Charlieboy
Traceur

Postby davidt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Just spotted this searching for parkour Wirral area, Charlieboy, its over a year since your post but how have you got on with parkour training? You still looking for a training partner? Im 29 this year, and looking to get started. I've found everyone is either really young who practise or nearly as old as me but are experts all ready! Not really any beginners my age.
I've been training in martial arts all my life and have done a little tumbling about 10 years ago.
Let me know if your interested.
David
davidt
Traceur

Return to Liverpool Talk