PARKOUR LIVERPOOL!!!

Discuss the Liverpool locations and generally chat about the Liverpool scene, as well as arrange jams.

PARKOUR LIVERPOOL!!!

Postby teamfroliver » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:34 am

anyone who wants to join the big jam on the 27th can be any traceur from anywhere old teams anything just want to get this liverpool scene going again at the moment its dead and dont just say your gonna come and not because ill beat ya up jkes anyone up for this be my guest the dates and times are as follows

traceurs
meet up at

12 pm midday on the 27th of october

bring money for drinks etc if you need to run the shop etc

hope to see you there

if you need to contact me grab me email and add me peace out x
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/teamfrobanner.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/thegif.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/thegif2.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
teamfroliver
Traceur

Re: PARKOUR LIVERPOOL!!!

Postby Stormy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:49 am

Hi,

I'm a complete novice, with no skills as yet, slow and old. Would I be welcome? lol.

As for the 27th, unfortunately I'm fighting in Bristol that weekend (I'm a full contact stickfighter) and can't make it, but I'm definitely interested in future jams.

cheers,
Stormy
Traceur

Postby Shibby1423 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:42 am

And would Free-running Obsesion be making this jam?
Shibby1423
Traceur

Postby byrnezy13 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:32 am

hey dave ill go and r we still ok 4 a jam in childwall 2moz
byrnezy13
Traceur

Postby Shibby1423 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Liverpool has been amazing, the attitude of the Liverpool freerunners is immence, it's not dead. It's very much alive.
Shibby1423
Traceur

Postby Shibby1423 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 am

Also, If you aim to learn parkour, you shouldn't turn to f.r.o, they are more flips. You should be with me and my group, Moreton is mostly parkour.
Shibby1423
Traceur

Postby teamfroliver » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:48 pm

Shibby1423 wrote:Also, If you aim to learn parkour, you shouldn't turn to f.r.o, they are more flips. You should be with me and my group, Moreton is mostly parkour.

yeah you are parkour artists but i myself prefair parkour i dont tend to do as many flips because thats not what its all about its about sharing diffrent things yano what i mean shibbs people can train with who they want so no responses to that the jam didnt go to plan but a future one is being arranged properly

x
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/teamfrobanner.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/thegif.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
[img:f24a1a9f97]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/fromos/thegif2.gif[/img:f24a1a9f97]
teamfroliver
Traceur

Postby SpiderSprog » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:58 pm

Hey just letting you know that another Liverpool traceur is still here (me). Although I'm not training much at the min (jumpers knee). It keeps coming back, gonna take 2-3 months out this time over the winter and do physio, to hopefully give it a chance to heal for good this time.

If there is a jam on or anything that's aiming to rejuvenate the Liverpool scene I'll try and make it out (just have to take it easy)

I'm not to bothered about organising huge jams think we need to go more like the Manchester scene and get regular days/evenings that we can meet up to share tips,encouragement and train together productively.
It's much more fulfilling to better yourself than to beat someone else.

http://www.pkhotspots.com/
SpiderSprog
Traceur

Postby byrnezy13 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 am

well said spidey and im thinkin ov startin 1 nxt week outside saint johns
byrnezy13
Traceur

Postby Shibby1423 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:58 am

starting a jam? I hope not because It does take quite alot of rep to get people to go.

but my old team is back together now so you will be seeing us everywere expet the gardens because we have done everything there is to do now :( and were looking for new spots no we may meet up with APEX in moreton to film. Any traceur is welcome to join :)
Shibby1423
Traceur

Postby Shibby1423 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:01 am

yAlso, dave. that little [V].[P].[R] jam was great man, you should come and play out again :p
Shibby1423
Traceur

Postby SpiderSprog » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:42 am

Shibby1423 wrote:starting a jam? I hope not because It does take quite alot of rep to get people to go.

Shouldn't really matter about rep. Your getting into the realms of competition there. Anyone can organise a jam/ ask if others want to train.

Shibby1423 wrote: you will be seeing us everywere expet the gardens because we have done everything there is to do now :(

I agree with not going to the gardens but not because there's nothing left to do (which I find hard to believe I'm always seeing new stuff, maybe I don't train as much often as you though. Besides its always good to drill and work on your technique which means revisiting spots)

I think we should stay out of the gardens cos its always so busy that you cant really do anything anyway. Plus people always just sit round and talk there rather than train. Don't know how we can expect to progress if we never move from one spot.

I reckon the reason that area is so well policed now is because were always there if we move on and spread our time between different spots it wouldn't have got to this stage where we get moved on so often as we do.

Anyway didn't intend to go off on one there sorry about that. just something I feel strongly about and I think it can have a real negative effect on the Liverpool scene.

SpiderSprog
Traceur

Postby byrnezy13 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 am

well said btw gunna try and start a pk meet after christmas so anyone want to come
byrnezy13
Traceur

Postby trick baby » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:22 pm

so whats the plan then people? Spider... sorry i fell out of touch man, i just been up to my neck in all sorts. How did it all go with settin up a society?
I haven't trained for ages and am still well outta shape. The hell nights goin on still? or did they never tae off? The ones in manchester are mega. When i was training with those guys, even a simple night was murder on the muscles.
Trick out people, manchester, we love you
trick baby
Traceur

Postby SpiderSprog » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:43 am

hell nights didnt really take off no. But I'm willing to give it another go. society thing didnt really happen either. Been out fo training for a while myslef as I decided to give my knee a good long recovery period. its a lot better now and I'm getting back into my training.

SpiderSprog
Traceur

Postby rozza007 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:02 pm

hey guys, I havnt done Parkour since I moved to Liverpool a year and a half ago, however I want to start again this summer. Are there any regular jams going on?
rozza007
Traceur

Postby adam_8715 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:13 am

Yeh there should be some starting soon every saturday. I'm also trying to organise an event on the 27th of August to raise awareness amongst potential traceurs. Keep in toudch and watch these forums and there should be regular events appearing soon. :)

zz
adam_8715
Traceur

Postby Liam-Jones » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 pm

You want a "parkour" jam head to moreton and train with Apex etc.
You want a free-running jam, or streetstunts etc. stick around liverpool... A lot of Liverpool lads are quite confused about the obvious differences between all 3 disciplines though so may not understand what i'm getting at.
for purist training liverpool is pretty aweful once you get passed a novice sorta level and as a consequence no one gets much better and progress is always slow.
Liam-Jones
Traceur

Return to Liverpool Talk