Getting Started

Discuss parkour in general, whatever your location.

Getting Started

Postby ResePK » Tue May 22, 2012 5:17 am

Hey Everybody,

I am a new to this and extremely interested and very determined to 'jump and roll' into the life of parkour, of which i kinda already have. And i would like a little help... someone to layout a itinerary, as in where to start (which has probably been asked a thousand times). Your response(s) very much appreciated!! :D

Thanks, Conner
ResePK
Traceur

Re: Getting Started

Postby NathNinetyOne » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Where are you from?
NathNinetyOne
Traceur

Postby ResePK » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 am

I thought someone might ask.
I live in the USA. I know that this forum was designed for the English, but i couldn't find a law saying 'English only'. So i joined because the perspectives and ideas are very inspiring. Great work guys.
As for my ability... i am a beginning. I have been experimenting with movements, techniques, etc, on my own for about six to seven months - still no pro. Although, i have been able to become more fluid in movement.

So, to sum it up, need a little motivation, some direction, tips... that sort of thing.
If you have some, please reply.
Thanks,
ResePK
Traceur

Postby boomshiva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 am

hey everybody, i live in levenshulme ,stockport road wanna train pls help and guide . im 27 and a begginner .thank you
boomshiva
Traceur

Postby Obsidian » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Conner,

I'd recommend finding a group of people who live near you who practice parkour. When you're relatively new to parkour, it's much more productive training with others, and they can offer you help and advice on techniques etc. It's impossible to put together an itinerary, as how you train and what you need to do is totally dependent on your own abilities and objectives. Aim to accomplish something new every time you train though, and you'll be on the right track.
Correct the wise man and he will thank you. Correct the fool and he will attack you.
http://obsidianpkav.blogspot.com/
Obsidian

Postby Obsidian » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Boomshiva, I'd recommend coming to one of our regular sessions in Manchester. We'll be able to offer you much better advice there than we can online, and also help to get you started with some movements :)
Correct the wise man and he will thank you. Correct the fool and he will attack you.
http://obsidianpkav.blogspot.com/
Obsidian

Return to Parkour Talk