Where's the video forum?

Discuss parkour in general, whatever your location.

Where's the video forum?

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 am

I've deleted it, that's where it's gone. After a three-year trial period I've decided that it serves no useful purpose, and plenty of useless purposes.

Parkour videos should now be posted in the 'Parkour Talk' forum.

Just to remind everyone, a Parkour video is either:

1. a video of training that is posted in order to receive advice about movement, fitness, or some other aspect of training.

2. a video that helps other people train by providing ideas for new exercises or new ways of getting past obstacles.

In a change to previous rules, videos that are simply a record of events are now no longer counted as Parkour videos and should be posted in 'General Chat'

Sticking with the theme of deletion, I'm going to delete video threads if I'm not convinced that they serve a useful purpose.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Re: Where's the video forum?

Postby dr.havoc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:35 am

(R.I.P Video Forum)

o well i agree with this decision as i would rather watch a parkour video that will be useful and beneficial to learn from. but in the end was it really hard to filter out the videos that wasn't useful ? i mean half the videos was about show casing movement but i am sure if it was filtered properly we could just have a list of useful videos ?.

i mean having a section for just useful videos would be helpful because if i ever want to find it again i could just simply go through the video section even though if i forgot its name or something ?.

but then again there wasn't alot of useful videos in that section hence why you deleted it.
dr.havoc
Traceur

Postby Robin_a » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 am

Good work :wink:
Robin_a
Traceur

Postby David Bray » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 am

I love this. Means I dont have to scroll down for the Greater Manchester forum.
David Bray
Traceur

Postby Capo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:16 pm

You've just taken away the only reason the majority of the handful of members come to this forum Dave, R.I.P Northern Parkour forums...
Capo
Traceur

Postby dr.havoc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Capo

when i have been on here i like to read the articles, threads and the things people contribute for a good conversation so i can reflect on my trainning,my mindset, whatever.

there is some good reads, as well as some good old history from yoinks back.

the last thing i really visited was the video forum because most of the videos was just videos to showcase skills with the odd expections in which a video was beneficial and that i can learn from. I see the point when i watch some videos in whic it showcase skills i have seen some amazing movements in which i might want to try as it is a challenge or maybe a different way to move that is more efficent.

but i geuss this forum was made so people can communicate with each other, to discuss parkour as well as organising sessions up in the north.

if someone really wanted to make a site which was just for videos then i am sure it can be there or if i want to find plenty of showcasing videos best bet is youtube.
dr.havoc
Traceur

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 am

People don't come to Northern Parkour for videos, Nick, they come to find practitioners in the North of England. That's what this website's for.

People go to Youtube to find videos. That's what that website is for.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby Shibby1423 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:15 am

Capo wrote:You've just taken away the only reason the majority of the handful of members come to this forum Dave, R.I.P Northern Parkour forums...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True story. Mutilated it. It's dead. Bastards.
Shibby1423
Traceur

Return to Parkour Talk