Shoes

Discuss parkour in general, whatever your location.

Re: Shoes

Postby Will » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Spinny ones.
Will
Traceur

Postby Mandalore_15 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 pm

http://karhu.com/home.php?setlang=1

I've heard that this brand is good. They're Finnish and pretty hard to find in the UK but some shops do stock them. I'm only a parkour n00b but they have a few features that sound like they'd be good. They have something in them called "fulcrum technology" which is supposed to promote a more natural running posture for your feet, and also transfer some of the up-down movement you get in running to forward motion, increasing your momentum as it were. I heard that momentum is what parkour is all about, so thought they might be worth a look. :P
Mandalore_15
Traceur

Postby Crayfish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:18 pm

My Adidas Supernovas (I think this is what they`re called) are still in one piece after 6 months training and washing machine torture. The main problem at this stage is that the grip on the ball of the foot has mostly worn away. I took a spill on a precision last week due to sheer lack of friction. It was a muddy log so maybe not all the shoe`s fault. Over all I am really chuffed with the durability.

Their strong point technically as well as being bomb proof is the forefoot cushioning, it`s average thickness but absorbs a lot of shock. This might not be to everyone`s taste but I find it perfect for quiet landings and bouncy wall runs. It seems to help me transition into a roll somehow too. Flexibility is a weakness,they`re bendy at the toe for wall runs but I`d be more confident around rails in other shoes. As a result I am pretty scared of rail precisions. The price is also a weakness, though the durability helps to offset this.

Other good points are light weight and the most secure fit of any shoe I`ve ever owned, they never move around my foot at all. I`d recommend them for parkour. The grip was good when they were new and lasted up to now. I will be replacing them soon because of the grip problem but my next pair will probably be something similar.

They are best suited for wider feet, my feet are too wide for most brands which is one reason why I stick to Adidas. I also own a super-lightweight pair by Adidas called Ace Zero or something similar. They are seriously feather light, but I prefer the feel of the Supernovas. I might just not have broken the other pair in properly though, I will start wearing them again when I go home and reclaim them.
Last edited by Crayfish on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Crayfish
Traceur

Postby Crayfish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Will wrote:Spinny ones.

Haha, I remember those :)
Crayfish
Traceur

Postby wilsonrunnin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 am

Hey dude,
Me personally, you cant go wrong with Kalenjis - Decathlon. Good grip, light and cheap :)
Peace
Mike
http://www.wilsonrunnin.co.uk
wilsonrunnin
Traceur

Postby ThatMuayThaiGuy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Are 'Converse: All Stars' any good?
'If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.'
-Bruce Lee
ThatMuayThaiGuy
Traceur

Postby David Bray » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:51 pm

No.
David Bray
Traceur

Postby Odaet » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey guys,

I thought it would be better to comment on here, instead of starting a whole new thread on the same topic...

So, I'm looking to buy some shoes. I was looking at Darts or Feiyue's, but darts seem to be a little bit frowned upon...even if it is just for the looks.

So what am I looking for when I go into a shop and try some on?

Thanks
Odaet
Traceur

Postby minijawa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 am

I have got to go with Ekiden 50 thay are cheap and reale good but can be hard to get.
this is a link to the site wher u can get them http://www.kalenji-running.com/EN/ekiden-50-58285074/
minijawa
Traceur

Postby kim jong il 2nd » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

converse are the best parkour trainer ever ,THEY JUST ARE , PERFECT IN DESIGN specifically for parkour ,cmon ALL parkour ppl know this :roll:
light
kim jong il 2nd
Traceur

Previous

Return to Parkour Talk