Dealing with authorities (Nth time)

Discuss parkour in general, whatever your location.

Re: Dealing with authorities (Nth time)

Postby Nicolas » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:53 pm

erm... im fairly sure that's not while we practise parkour... but if you wanna use it to get away from the cops, go ahead. lol
Nicolas
Traceur

Postby jetpack » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 pm

gravityz3ro wrote:This happened to me... similarly anyways, now i only train on the roofs of buildings, because of the pipes and air conditioning units are very good for any type of exercise. They actually assiged a police officer on my "case" and they have a file of me down at the police station. Last i counted, when someone called the police, there were 7 squad cars, two firetrucks, and three ambulances. There are more cars every time the cops get called. I do everything solo, so i just run away and shit. i never got caught, nor do i plan on getting caught. So if the cops bother you, ignoe them, and when like squad cars come, get ready to use what you practised in the real world. (getting away from cops) :twisted:

You sure that's wise? They're just gonna think you're up to something...
jetpack
Traceur

Postby Rob-F » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 pm

gravityz3ro wrote:This happened to me... similarly anyways, now i only train on the roofs of buildings, because of the pipes and air conditioning units are very good for any type of exercise. They actually assiged a police officer on my "case" and they have a file of me down at the police station. Last i counted, when someone called the police, there were 7 squad cars, two firetrucks, and three ambulances. There are more cars every time the cops get called. I do everything solo, so i just run away and shit. i never got caught, nor do i plan on getting caught. So if the cops bother you, ignoe them, and when like squad cars come, get ready to use what you practised in the real world. (getting away from cops) :twisted:

are you sure they were there for you, and that the building wasn't on fire or the target of a terrorist attacks
Rob-F
Traceur

Postby gravityz3ro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 am

im shure they were for me. i practise parkour to be able to train my body. i PRACTISE parkour. the cops wont stop me from doing it, by them chasing me only makes me train harder to get away. So, them chasing me is a good thing, as it motivates me.
gravityz3ro
Traceur

Postby Robin_a » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 am

are you high? you sound quite paranoid...
Robin_a
Traceur

Postby Natterz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 am

Robin_a wrote:are you high? you sound quite paranoid...

hahahaha :D
"Wheres the flapjack???"
"Why dont you just have cat food? Its chicken and jelly flavoured, and only 35p!!!!!!!!!"
Natterz
Traceur

Postby Oldboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:22 pm

So if the cops bother you, ignoe them, and when like squad cars come, get ready to use what you practised in the real world. (getting away from cops)

I understand you feeling frustrated that some people in authority, sometimes have a less than friendly attitude towards people training parkour, but adopting a 'them and us attitude' will only exacerbate the situation. Maybe next time, instead of running off, try talking 'politely' to them about the wonders of parkour.

Also have you considered the possibility that there are cops who do parkour?

Bruce says 'be water my friend'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sonZq6ZnF90
Oldboy
Local Area Moderator

Postby stealthy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 am

omg, ur all fannies. wer freerunners for gods sake, do u rly think that a copper is guna keep up with u? just run, and if they catch u, wot can they do? :P
stealthy
Traceur

Postby Henri » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 pm

I dunno about English laws, but in here, Estonia they can penalty you for not obeying their orders to stop.
Theres no right or wrong choices, just some are more useful to somebody.
Traceur from far far Estonia.
Henri
Traceur

Postby Rob-F » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Charge you for resisting arrest
Rob-F
Traceur

Postby Nicolas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 pm

it's not resisting arrest if they havent said you are under arrest ;)
Nicolas
Traceur

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:01 pm

If you run from the police then they will think you've been breaking the law and and they will try and make things difficult for you.

If you speak to the police you can explain what you're doing and then they will know that you haven't been breaking the law and leave you to practise in peace.

If you have been breaking the law, well, you're an idiot. :)

It's not wise to intentionally annoy someone. It's much better to have people as friends than enemies, and that goes for police, security guards or whoever.
~ Dave

Trying to be a helping hand from NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association
Dave
Alliance

Postby dr.havoc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Normally in trainning when i go trainning i just explain what i am doing, if the police tell me to move on the chances are i am on private property like a uni or something like that. so i move on but i geuss if you want respect, you have to give respect but i have noticed lately in public areas such as queen gardens hull we don't block walk ways or anything like that but they still see us a problem at times. But do you think at times police move us on as they want to be seen to be doing something ?
dr.havoc
Traceur

Postby Phil5563 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 pm

I think this video explains dealing with them quite well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rj0XHsE ... ure=relmfu
Phil5563
Traceur

Previous

Return to Parkour Talk