Bad parkour newspaper articles

Discuss parkour in general, whatever your location.

Re: Bad parkour newspaper articles

Postby Luke_Pitt » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I assume they are implying the natural force of gravity has some form of will or feelings, and that it wants to pull things down, and by moving upwards against it / not moving downwards like it wants you are defying it.

but yeah, pretty silly :)
Luke_Pitt
The One

Postby Oldboy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 am

PositiveResults wrote:
Ben wrote:
Rob-F wrote:Haha, "Gravity defying moves such as the kong vault, running cat and crane" The writers never saw any of this did they?

I hate that phrase. "To defy gravity" makes no fucking sense!!!!

Are people so moronic to have to use this to explain how somebody can perform a jump? As if it's the only explanation - that a person can only jump so far by changing the laws of physics ... nothing to do with natural ability, years of training, leg-strengthening exercises, conditioning, countless practice jumps??

Also how does "defying gravity" work? Is it a matter of running up, leaping into the air, flicking a switch on a remote control in your pocket, then floating off with no downward force, and then flicking it back on slowly in order to return to the ground safely!?

Very funny :D
That is a very good point :)

Surely it be witchcraft, for I did see him run upeth to a high wall and then float up, as if using the power if Satan. I have seen, with my very own eyes, them attend regular trysts where they perform strange rituals in worship of the Devil, sometimes I have even seen them shape shift and move as beasts on all fours. I am in no doubt that these strange folk are non other than Witches in service of the Devil. We must burn them, burn the Witches!
Oldboy
Local Area Moderator

Postby Henri » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Could you be able to upload it to Vimeo?
Theres no right or wrong choices, just some are more useful to somebody.
Traceur from far far Estonia.
Henri
Traceur

Previous

Return to Parkour Talk